CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

It's finally over (knock on wood)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when I posted on Monday we really thought Micah Clarie was over her stomach bug... little did we know what the next 3 days had in store for our household.

Monday she drank plenty of Pediasure, a little juice and ate all her meals and snacks. She hadn't vomited all day so I put her in her bed to sleep for the night.

Tuesday 3am the bug hits me. At 6:30am I am still up and living in the bathroom when M.C wakes up. Shawn goes to get M.C and I hear him (via the monitor) gagging and moaning. He said she was covered head to toe in diarrhea and vomit (of course I felt like the world's worst mom for not sleeping with her and keeping an eye on her). Daddy was our super hero, he gave M.C a bath and cleaned up her bedroom. Shawn was still feeling fine so he went to work. I called my mom to see if she could come help and she was sick as a dog. She had been living in her bathroom since 1am that morning.By 10am Daddy was back home and he vomited till 8 pm that night. Micah Claire went all day with no vomiting or diarrhea. But she took a sudden hatred to Pediasure and refused to drink it.

Wednesday: I was feeling weak but better. I had to go to work; I only go this clinic 1 time a month so I really can't afford to miss work there. Shawn was too weak to watch M.C so I took her to MeMaw's (our wonderful baby sitter). I picked her up around 4 and Memaw said she had some lose diapers but no vomiting! YEAH, maybe it's over... WRONG! When get home M.C was crying for milllllll (milk) we gave her 1 oz and it came right back up. Well.. we thought maybe it's just to soon for milk but she's still getting over the bug. WRONG! At dinner she started coughing so I picked her up. She threw up more than ever before and of course it covered me head to toe (let me just tell ya the smell was the worst part!). I was super weak and exhausted. So my dad's super sweet girl friend Ba-dob-a-dob (that's what M.C. call her; her name is Debbie) came over and played with M.C to give me a break. (I think I forgot to mention my Dad also got sick during this week too.) So we really had noone to help us, it was so hard! M.C was up at 1am and again at 3am vomiting.

Thursday: Shawn and I had to work but we didn't want to send M.C back to Memaw's and get them sick. My mom was finely feeling better but was to weak to go to work, so she get M.C for us. Nana said she had a great day; she ate and drank pretty well. I thought ya she's just waiting till we get home to start the vomiting again. But, she didn't. She hasn't gotten sick anymore. We are really hoping that this bug is finally gone for good. She is still not back to her old full of energy self, but she's slowly getting back there.

My sweet pea is finely getting back to old smiley, giggly self!





Cousin Emily gave Micah Claire a pair of her old boots. Micah Claire LOVES them more than anything in the world. She gets them out of her closest (all by her self) and demands that someone put them on her. We have to put them on numerous times a day. To say her Daddy hates these boots is almost an understatement. He calls them her "silly boots" and her "street walker boots." Poor Daddy just has no since of fashion (not that I think wearing them with her pj's is fashionable, haha). It took her a few times of walking in them to really learn how to balance herself.

She's just so proud of her boots! She had to put them on and show Nana and Poppa how well she could walk in them. (If you wonder why her pants are falling down... this is very common in our house; my child is sooooooo dang tall we have to buy a bigger size to get the right length but they're always to big in the waist. Poor kid! One day she'll enjoy being tall and skinny but it sure is hard on momma right now)

She just had to check herself out in the mirror.

Here she is sporting the "tucked in pant" look, too funny!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Brooke, I feel for ya'll. I came down with that horrible virus on Christmas day and it took a full week to get to feeling like normal. My mom ended up with it, but thankfull my husband didn't and Morgan only had a touch of it. It's the worst thing that has hit this area in a long time! Hope it's passed you all by now. Feel better!