CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

A surpise birthday party followed by a surprise stomach bug

Saturday night we had a surprise birthday party for Nana! Nana thought she and Poppa were going to meet Will & Amy at Outback in Hot Springs. Right before they went into to meet them, Shawn called Poppa to tell him that Nana's favorite goat was really sick. So they hurried back home to check on the goat. Nana was totally shocked when they pulled up and she saw that she had been tricked! It's super hard to get anything over on my mom; so I was excited that we pulled it off. We had a great time at the party. We ate great food, the women sat around and talked "girl stuff" and the men played cards till after 1am. Happy Birthday Nana; We love you!!! Here are some pictures from the party.
I have no idea why this child wouldn't get her fingers out of her mouth. Shawn called it her "fish hook" pose.Only 6 more months till Ashely officially becomes Aunt Ashley!!!! My cutie pie!M.C. was just toooo busy to sit and take a picture with Uncle Eric.

Lots of deep thoughts going on here....











Nana got some great birthday gifts!



TALK TALK TALK.... never a quite moment with all these women around!














On Saturday morning I ran into Will at Wal-Mart. He and Stan had decided that the only way to get my mom to come rushing back home would be if we said Micah Claire was sick. Will said just say M.C. suddenly came down with the stomach bug. He said it's real believable because it comes on so fast with no warning. Well...... little did we know what Sunday had in store for M.C.
















Sunday morning we had breakfast at Nana's and then we came home for a quick nap (M.C stayed up till 10:30 and we were up till after 1am). About 2 hours into the nap, MC sat straight up and coughed and then the second cough was followed by vomiting. My poor baby threw up for an hour solid, then she threw up every 6-8 minutes for the next 2 hours. It was terrible for Shawn and I to watch. She didn't know what to do when she was vomiting. She wanted me to hold her, so needless to say I got thrown up on numerous times. We called our Pediatrician and we were told it's going around and try to give her a teaspoon of Peida-lite every 20 minutes. Well she couldn't keep any of that down either. Finally at 7 pm she feel into a deep sleep till 1am. She got sick then and then slept till 3 am and got sick again. We both stayed home with her today. I am happy and relieved to say that she hasn't thrown up yet today. Her appetite is slowing coming back and she's had a few wet diapers today. She gets little spurts of energy and she'll play for 20 minutes or so then she's worn out and goes to sleep.


















Her she is with Nana sitting on the front porch swing in between vomiting spells.







Doesn't she just look pitiful. I don't know what I would have done without my mom; she is my hero!
She threw up on 4 different sets of pjs. So, when her daddy went to WalMart to get some Pedialite he bought her this Tinkerbell night gown and a Cinderella night gown. What a sweet daddy!

She just couldn't fight it any more. She finally crashed for 6 straight hours. It just broke my heart to see her so sick.
Here she is this morning, finally able to keep down some Pedialite. She also kept down some dry toast and dry cereal!




Less than an hour after breakfast she got her puffs out of the pantry and ate a ton on them. I am soooo glad she is starting to get better. I just hope that Shawn and I don't get it too. We've both felt yucky but that's all; so maybe it will stay that way.

1 comments:

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

Poor baby!!! I'm glad she's feeling better!