CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 16, 2009

M.C's life is changing!!!!!!!!

A few days before Micah Claire turned 1 years old we found ourselves in the ER after she ate one bite of an egg. So our doctor recommended we do a blood test to see what other allergies she might have. A few weeks later we found out she had an egg, milk, wheat and peanut allergy. We have tired like heck to avoid all those foods for the last year. I attended a conference for work a few weeks ago. One of the speakers was a specialist in pediatric food allergies. He said 87% of children will out grow all "mild" allergies by age 2 and the other 13% will out grow them by age 3. All of M.C's allergies are mild expect for the egg allergy. So over the last few weeks I have been slowly introducing skim milk and whole wheat pastas in her diet and we have had NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!! I have been more hesitant and careful with the peanut allergy. She has had peanut butter cracker with no problems so far!!!! I think it will be a REALLY long time before I jump off and try to give her a peanut butter sandwich.... but I will take the progress!Her first into a peanut butter cracker! And as you can tell she LOVED it! And Mommy loved that she had no reaction to it!

2 comments:

Rachelima said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Bells said...

Brooke,
Hey girl! Your little girl is just precious! Glad to hear she is doing well. Scary, scary stuff. Glad I found your blog! The picture of your family at the top of you blog is A.Dorable!

Sarah (Hollingsworth) Bell