CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Yep... all happend this week

Last Saturday we helped cousin Emily celebrate her birthday at the HSU pool.

M.C. and Emily!My sweetie heading into the pool.... but not for long. I guess it's been a while since she swam, so she was scared to use her floats; so out we came and into our life jacket we went!She had a blast! She stuck right by Emily the entire party; there was no separating them!
Group birthday picture!
Can ya tell my child LOVES to sing Happy Birthday;lol!
She couldn't believe she got to drink from a real can; she kept asking me... "mommy is this a Coke!" TOO CUTE!
And little Miss Kinley got lots of lovin from Aunt Stacy.........and Mimi........and poppa Mike!
Sunday was calm; Monday Kinley and I cleaned house. Usually she will play and entertain herself while I clean... but apparently somebody has gotten VERY use to being held at school. So, it took me over 3 hours to get the house clean. Monday I was expecting a call from OBU about a job and that call never came, so I was really bummed.
Then came Tuesday..... uh Terrible Tuesday as I now call it. It was the first day I took Kinley to a girls house to watch her from 8-9 then the girl drives her to daycare at 9 and I was already a nervous wreck about this. I made it less than 15 mins from town and Shawn called. He asked me how far away from town I was, and said I needed to turn around and come on home. You can only imagine what thoughts were running through my mind. He promised me it wasn't either of the girls but that it was serious and I needed to come home. As I was turning around on interstate my cell rang and I didn't recognize the phone number; do to the circumstances I went ahead and answered the phone. MIND YOU I WAS TERRIBLY UPSET. This lady on the phone says Brooke are you okay and I said NO!!!!!! I said my husband just called me and told me to come home there's an emergency and I just feel apart on this poor women. Then it hit me I had no idea how I was talking to. I said Who Is THIS????? Turns out it was someone from OBU telling me I needed to come fill out some paperwork for the job I was hired for. WHAT JOB??? NOBODY CALLED ME, I thought I didn't get the job. Uhhhhh, I told her I was caught off guard by her call and I would have to call her back later.
About the time I was getting off interstate Shawn was calling me back. Apparently my boss had
called him and told him how upset I was and that he needed to fill me in more. So he told me that my mom was being brought by ambulance to the ER from Kirby. So.... we spent all hours in the ER that day. Long story short, she saw her PCP Wednesday and we're going to see a Cardiologist next week for some more extensive testing. Please pray all is well for her!
Thursday I accepted the adjunct position at OBU and spent the afternoon and night there getting everything I need for the class I had to teach on Friday; YES THE VERY NEXT DAY!!!! So, I scrambled to find someone to keep Kinley on Friday and I got one of the WONDERFUL girls from her daycare to come. So all was well and I was leaving to go to my first day of class and WHAM!!!!!
That WHAM was me backing into the back of my babysitters truck. Not just any truck... her and her husbands BRAND NEW TRUCK! UHHHHHHH! She was soooo sweet about the entire deal. I was balling my eyes out and ready to say lots of terrible bad words..... and she grabbed my hand and started praying for me. I was so taken back by her praying but.....It was exactly what I needed. After I calmed down I headed to OBU. I got there early to make copies. As I was making copies a college girl came in and said "Hi... I'm Lauren are you the other student worker?" I just laughed and said NO! I'm the new teacher. She said.. oh you look just like us. I guess that's a compliment;IDK????? So my class went great. And my super sweet baby sister even called me Friday night to check on me. I mean really she was consoling me AGAIN and I was one the who caused the damage; what a wonderful girl! I am now spending my weekend reading 2 chapters; making out homework assignments and preparing for an exam. It's NUTS! I feel like I'm in college again!
So this week M.C. learned about the letter "M." And what else would she bring to Friday's show and tell but.................
MAKE UP!!!!!!!!! She even talked me into letting her wear a little eyeshadow and lip gloss (her daddy was soooo not happy with me when found out; sorry daddy!) And my little sweetie bugs was 16 weeks old yesterday. I can't believe she will soon be 4 months old; crazy how fast time is flying!
Just toooooo precious! She is babbling up a storm these days; it's almost like she's talking in sentences ;)
She loves her big sissy and all the crazy stuff M.C does; as you can see from this picture!

She's so full of smiles; it makes my heart melt!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm a new follower to your blog and your girls are ADORABLE!


you can check my blog out at:

http://forthischildiprayed-ashley.blogspot.com/