CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 14, 2011

RSV at 19 weeks

Two weeks ago, 2 babies at Kinley's daycare were dx with RSV.... and we thought we dogged the bullet. Well.... we were WRONG! Last Thursday night she spike a fever of 102.9 and was super fussy all night. When she went to bed she was wheezing and moaning like crazy and I knew something was wrong. Her 4 month check up was last Friday but it had to be rescheduled due to all snow, so luckily we had moved it to this Friday. So as soon as we get into the dr's office I tell them her symptoms and they test her for RSV (which was super fun!) It came back positive within a minute :( I immediately started crying. I couldn't believe it, my sweet little baby had this terribly scary virus. Dr. Rucker said it looked like we caught it right at the start and that was GREAT news!

(I am telling you God is good! Had it not snowed and had we not had to reschedule her 4month check up I would have just chalked it up to a bad cold and we could have been in serious trouble!)

And of course RSV is going around so they were out of the electric machines so we had to do the treatments with a manual pump. Okay...we can handle that! Then came the rest of the check up and even worse news.... A LEFT EAR INFECTION!!!!!!!



I MEAN WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I almost feel out of my chair; I couldn't believe it. I told Dr Rucker that just couldn't be because 1) This baby is exclusively breastfeed and 2) she sleeps on her belly 100% of the time. She just laughed and told me those things just "help" prevent ear infections they don't' guarantee your child will never get them.. UHHHH!



Okay, so now I'm feeling like a terrible mother! My first child had a private baby sister and never got sick and has only had 2 ear infections and they were both over the age of 3!!!! This poor baby was put into daycare and is already sick.... Good Job Mom! I know it's not really my fault, but we as mother's always take the blame and feel 100% responsible for what happens to our babies.



Okay, so anyways.... They sent us home with the manual machine, inhaler, antibiotic and a anti-histamine. Dr. Rucker then says... If I don't see ya in the ER this weekend I'll see ya back here Monday. (That's encouraging isn't it;lol!)



My sweet baby at 19 weeks with this ole yucky virus!Daddy giving Kinley her stinky old antibiotic :(Aunt Ashley came over Friday afternoon to hang out with us! As you can see... Kinley LOVES her Aunt Ash!And even Uncle Eric came over when he got off work to hang with us!

And SUPER wonderful big sis really kept Kinley entertained! Kinley just hangs on every word and movement that M.C. makes and it tickles me beyond belief!!!



Kinley did great Friday and Saturday until 6pm. When she woke from her nap she wasn't a happy camper.... and it went downhill from there. Around 7:15 her breathing became so labor intensive. Then at times she was holding her breath and struggling to really get a good breath. So, we had Dr Rucker call us and she said to do another breathing treatment. That treatment helped till about 11pm. Then she started making the worst nosies (kinda sounded like she was barking like a dog) and she was gasping for breaths non stop. Shawn and I both jumped from the bed and ran out of the house with her! (Luckily we sent M.C. to spend the night with mom so we didn't have to wait on someone to come get her or take her to the ER with us). They have her another breathing treatment at the ER with some stronger meds and sent us home. Needless to say I haven't slept much since then. We had another check up first things this morning and Dr. Rucker said she was doing great and her ear infection had already cleared!!! Please say a little prayer that Kinley keeps better!

2 comments:

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

Poor baby :(

Carson, Becky, and Maddie said...

Maddie had RSV when she was a baby. It about scared me to death and we ended up in the ER as well. I hope she is doing better now.